Monday 10 March 2014

Question 4 evaluation

Powered by emaze






How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Within my media product I have used a range of media technologies ranging from different camera lenses, final cut pro, adobe Photoshop and as well various search engines.
When we decided what we wanted to base our product on we had help from the well known search engine Google. When using this I was able to research different songs too choose from also have a look at other music videos to get inspiration from. Not only that we was also able to access social networking sites to gain information based on clothing and a range of artists and how they present their selves.

I was able to use Google again to plan our route around London, I done this by finding different ’nature’ locations and planning out or day within London. I done research into things we could do around London to make our day more productive as London is fairly far as we only had one day to get everything right.
Of course we had Blogger that was the main essential to planning and documenting our product. This was used to write journal posts and our stages of creating our video which I have used to its great potential.


Throughout this process we have had the opportunity to use different camera lenses such as the 50mm lens that helped us create great footage where we was able to focus on the main artist and have her in focus rather than the whole scenery in the back ground. Also the tripod has helped us within our process as when we have been shooting all three of us we have needed the tripod to stand in and hold the camera, this also helped us get some great angles to make the video look a lot more professional. Our mobile phones have come in very handing within this as throughout our video we have a couple of montages of photos which have been captured from past parties and moments we have all shared together, this then gave the video a more natural and fun vibe.

After all the footage was shot we he had to convert all our files into MPEG stream clip where we could change the format of our clips so that we could use Final Cut Pro to begin editing our footage. Through this process my group and I have all taken it in turns to complete the editing but have all worked as a group to create this video to the best of our ability. Using final cut pro has helped us to change lighting, edit clips in different places, as well as challenging us to use the tabs within that we have never learnt before as a lot of our footage had been taken over a few weeks the lighting had come out different and we had a lot of blue shots which after being taught how to use the program we have sorted out which has made a big difference to our video. We have also needed to speed shots up and slow some down which has pushed us to the edge when trying to match up the lip syncing, but with patience we have accomplished this.
For our fonts within our main product and my ancillary texts I have used a online program called ‘DaFont’ which gave me thousands of fonts that I could choose from to match my genre for these products. I have had a range of fonts to work with and up until now my audience feedback has helped me decide which one I was to use.
I used Adobe Photoshop for my digipak and poster so that I could create my own form a blank canvas. For my digipak I used a range of effects and also changed the contrast and lighting to suit my needs. I have edited photos and changed backgrounds so that my digipak was unique and was not like my other group members. I used DaFont again so that I could download the font I wanted to use and then I could open that in Photoshop. For my poster I used a ‘Lasso tool’ to create the outer white glow around my photo. I made sure I created a rough edging so that it stood out more to the audience and the outsiders perspective.
I have used social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook for feedback on the main product and there fore this has helped me make progress within my evaluation. I have used the chrome key in Final Cut Pro to help me with my green screen which proved very difficult, so then I found a new way to get rid of the green screen background which was the green/blue tab within this program which I could use for one of my evaluation questions.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment