Friday 7 March 2014

Question 2 evaluation





How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?


I feel my Digipak, Poster and the overall product we have produced all work along side each other nicely. My poster and the music video are slightly different due to the colour of my background being quite a bright and a vibrant colour being pink which is different to the nature and natural feel of the actual music video, I done this to show how the group is still very girlie despite being from the Indie genre, however myself and my audience feel that it works nicely due to the difference between them. On my poster I have used the photo from my front page of the digipak so that the audience would know the poster matches with the digipak. Also in my poster the photo I have used has a white ridged cut out behind it giving the photo and edgy feel which also I think ties in with the genre of our product, I also thought it was quite different and I didn’t mean to make it like that at first because the font I have used is clean cut and straight, but I thought the contrast between them made it look good and make the photo stand out. The font I chose for my poster and digipak has been consistent throughout and has also been used on our video. My font has changed throughout the process so I could find the best one that suited, the one I have chose is my favourite as I feel it represents the true nature of what our band is about, although it is straight to the point and plain I feel that it works really well with the groups image. The photo I chose was of the group looking at something which I felt went well with the song name ’Suddenly I see’. This photo used was one of the natural photos that believe it or not was not one of the ’posed photos’ as we was looking out of the window at something I saw, because of this I thought it was a really good photo as I didn’t want the group to come across as serious all the time and to be as relaxed as possible.



On my Digipak the colour has been matched up to the lighting on the music video, I have used a green tone and made sure I included a lot of scenery. The photos I used I wanted them to come across natural but with a element of fun and photo shoot, I feel like I have created this within my digipak. I have used all photos of the group on my digipak for 5 of the boxes however on the CD I decided to use scenery to reinforce the nature and I didn’t want the digipak to look ‘full up’. To be different I used a selling point of being able to win a day of meet and greet with ‘After Midnight’, after doing

research it was evident that the target audience we was aiming for would be interested in meeting their ‘idol’. I have changed my front cover of the digipak a lot and this was because I didn’t feel the others matched what I wanted the band to represent and I feel I have made a clear view that the group is that of an Indie genre.
I feel that my poster and digipak are both recognisable and unique and the audience will appeal to this. I wanted to create an image that could be looked up to, this backs up my idol point as most artists have fan bases that will admire to be like their desired person.
I have had a numerous amount of drafts when regarding my digpak and posters due to wanting to create the best image I could. To start off with my digipak had photos from the same location and were all very staged which the feedback from my class agreed with. We was also told that there we didn’t look like a group as we wasn’t cohesive within the photos. Therefore we arranged another shooting for the photos and we made sure that the images looked like proper girl group members and tried to be more relaxed.
On my poster I have used twitter links and face book links as these social networking sites are very popular in today’s society for the youth and therefore reinforces the idea that my artist has been aimed at teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment